Wednesday, 25 March 2009

Running in Porridge In Paradise

Lake Hawea the day before for Work

Sunset over the Crown Range for Play

Its taken a while to post this thanks to sick Mum and Dad and sick boys too, but we are all on the mend now.
Well the Motatapu race was a cracker. I had a really difficult day, feeling fit but for some reason lacking energy to really crank into top gear- like the title says I felt like I was running in porridge. Consequently I was nowhere near Madman Marvin (well run Glenn- you were on fire!) but I have to be happy that after 5 hours and 12 minutes I just felt like keeping running at the end. So the endurance was there, which augurs well for the Routeburn, hopefully. I'm sure with some good preparation and a few decent sleeps beforehand that the speed thing can be found next time.
The weather was magic, and it was fascinating to see what a few million bucks can do to a Pastoral Lease. Shania Twain and her ex hubby have got these stations in absolutely pristine condition, it really got me thinking about my Tenure Reviews while I was blatting across- what do we really want for our High County outcomes?

A few pics of the day, just magnificent. It was one of those magical autumnal days where the colours of Central Otago just explode, and the mountains sing out loud.
An honour and a privilege to be lucky enough to be there.

No comments: