Thursday, 6 August 2009

Pearl Jam are on the way

I know where I want to be on November 29....

Pearl Jam were one of my first great musical obsessions.

They have always played unbridled rock, and they've done if with a sense of fun. Thats the key element that has seen them be the only survivors of the early 90's "Grunge" era. Rising from the ashes of the tragic Mother Love Bone saga (Apple is one of the greatest albums ever made, rest in peace Andy Wood), Pearl Jam represent what classic rock music should look like.

New album next month and a full tour of NZ and Oz coming up, I cannot wait. From Ed Vedders haunting voice to Mike McCready's freestyle guitar solo's these guys are a must see. Their mid 1990's set in Auckland is one of the best gigs I've seen- I wonder if the Finn Brothers will join them for a Split Enz encore again?

Heres a taste of what the fuss is about, the band were understandably nervous after crowd problems and a death at an earlier festival, but its a great version of one of their best tracks, Corduroy from the Vitalogy CD.

No comments: