Tuesday, 6 March 2007

The Cricket World Cup

Well its not my intention to make this a sport dominated blog, but with World Cups in NZ's two highest profile sports this year its going to be unavoidable to make merry on the back of sporting superstars, like this bloke from the cricketing superpower of Bermuda, affectionately known as Slugger. And they hassle Macca for being porky!


Since I no one took up my 'sponsorship' request I'm going to have to put up with watching from home, in the middle of the night. The minnows are going to provide many cringes and maybe even a laugh or two, I suspect many club teams would compete better, but having said that this guy just got Kevin Pietersen out so anything is possible!
For the record I'm picking Australia, West Indies, Sri Lanka and NZ to be the semifinalists. And from there its anyones guess!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm playing a virtual cricket game at
http://cricketdreamteam.sportal.com.au

where you predict a world cup team.
Have a go too, we can compare how we go.

Bevan.

Tony said...

Bugger missed the cut off....nevermind. Not too late to get on www.statevirtualcricket.co.nz if you want to chase The Razor. I got 27th in the Aussie Tri Series round, out of about 12,000.

Lets not mention Virtual Rugby picks though please.