Monday, 7 May 2007

The Final Run-In

Well I absolutely stuffed myself on the 15km run home for work in what will be the last big hit out before Saturday Race Day.
















Probably had something to do with the 20km in the Waitakere's yesterday from Karekare to Whatipu along the hills and then back up the beach. What a stunner of a day I'll let the pics do the talking!



So it's off to the Mainland tomorrow and the drive down through Central Otago is always a treat at this time of year- the colours of autumn like no other place in NZ.

Latest weather prognoses for Saturday range from snow to 700m down there to a big fat high sitting over the South Island. Fingers crossed for the latter... but snow would be quite surreal given I had my first ever May swim in the ocean in NZ yesterday- and yes it was even warm!


2 comments:

Smoothfluid said...

good luck on the Routeburn bud/. plenty of vaseline to stop the chaffing is my top tip. did I say tip... I meant to say

Tony said...

Cheers for that....I think...

All lookin good for race day tomorrow, bit of snow round mind you!