Sunday, 21 October 2007

Labour Weekend Shennanigans

Ok, hold breath, it goes something like this:

Saturday morning- last ever breakfast at the Chocolate Fish in Wellington. Fly to ChCh do sweet FA all afternoon, then hit the Dux with the boys.

Sunday- Drive to Mt Cook via World Cup final at Tekapo pub, have a wander up the Hooker Valley until hypothermia and avalanches set in. Seriously windswept and challenging landscape today, not much to hang around for so it was back to ChCh as soon as I heard it was 22 degrees at home!

Avalanche Alley- some huge ones lately


Monday- Kepler training in the morning, I suspect the Dux again for the afternoon!

Never a dull moment.
In all seriousness though, the walk up the Hooker was tinged with great sadness for me, it was the first time I'd seen the memorial plate for John. I'm not sure if its the done thing to post it on the web here, but it feels right. Please let me know if you disagree and I'll take it down....

....but for John, Simon, Hamish, Steve, Cam, Liz.... our friends; and all the other souls that are up there in those mountains- we will always remember that if you must bow your head then it can be to a lofty mountain.
Make the most of what we have folks, while we have it. It may be gone tomorrow.

No comments: