Saturday, 28 April 2007

Drought Breaker

Well I think today was quite possibly one of the shittiest most crappiest days I've ever had in a workspace. Everyone is busy trying to tell the boss he is a pile of steaming donkey excrement, in the nicest possible way while he attempts to disestablish 20% of the firm in one intensely foul swoop. If anyone wants to know how to completely decimate a government organisation, drop me a line and I'll put you in touch....

Anyway the call for the night was to have a few quiets and go watch rugby with the boys. It was after that when Razor had a religious experience or two. It has been a pretty 'Summery' sort of time in the Jaffabowl lately, so everyone has got complacent.

It was with considerable trepidation as a storm rolled in that I decided to test out the late night train system from the swanky Britomart (see Atlas video for detail) to the not-so-swanky Westie landmark of the Glen Eden train station. It was an enlightening journey....punctuated by anyone under 18 thinking to their error that they could ride for free (aka steal a ride) and hence forth having a long walk home from (ironically) the Mt Eden Station.

Anyway, after the dude asleep with the Megadeth Tshirt got ejected at New Lynn, I headed off into the elements from the Glen Eden Station. It was 5 mins run down the road in the Big Wet where I hit the Jaffabowl equivalent of winning lotto- yes, I found an abandoned umbrella. Consequently I now get to sit here dry as a bone, listening to the monsoon thumping down on the roof, complete with Thunder and Lightning.

Hopefully it has struck the office as I type...

No comments: