Sunday, 22 April 2007

Guns N Yanks

I recently read a book called We Need To Talk About Kevin by a lady named Lionel Shriver. Lionel is an unusual name for a lady, but I guess some would argue Tony is a girls name so I'm not one to debate that one!
Anyway its a haunting and at times frightening about a kid who goes on a killing rampage in an American School, despite having a 'a good upbringing'. In light of this weeks events in Virginia it just double underlines to me how different things must be over there compared to Godzone. It's an immense tragedy and I fear it won't be the last- or worst - rampage that we see on American soils.

I think these pictures published by the US pro-gun lobby pretty much sum it up in one hit.


Meanwhile in Iraq .... the worlds media did not stop everything to report 190 car bomb deaths the same day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you saying that allowing everyone to carry a gun would have made things safer?
I don't believe that - surely the police would have shot anyone they saw with a gun...

Tony said...

Welcome Anonymous- You misinterpet my post.

Its not me saying that- its the American Gun lobby who are propogating this nonsense, and I personally completely disagree with their fucked up logic. To put it bluntly.